McLean Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 2034 Great Falls Street, McLean, Virginia 22043
- Enter through the doors facing the playing fields and Idylwood St.
- Ring doorbell for entry as doors are locked during daytime hours.
- Location on Map
- Wednesday and Thursday: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm and 7-9:30 pm
- Friday: 9:30 am - 1 pm
- Saturdays: 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends, July 4th, week of Thanksgiving, Christmas-New Years holidays; General Conference Saturday (usually 1st Saturday) in April and October; when Fairfax County Schools are closed or delayed for inclement weather (announced on tv, radio and internet)
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Large and extensive Irish collection with over 3000 films plus books, one of largest in metro area/east coast; good concentrations for British Isles, Germany, etc.
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- 9 computers
- 2 digital film scanners
- 6 microfilm readers
- 1 digital fiche reader/printer
- 4 network printers
- Wi-Fi Access & Wireless printer
- Free internet access
- Ability to Print Fan Charts on 11x17 Card Stock.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
McLean Family History Center is located about 1 mile from the West Falls Church Metro Station. This allows ease of access to Washington, DC, where you can visit the DAR Library, Library of Congress, and National Archives. There are a number of major universities as well such as Georgetown, George Washington, American University, Catholic University and the University of Maryland.
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 20 March 2014, at 16:19.
- This page has been accessed 2,013 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here