McMullen County, Texas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
(add probate intro)
(added newspaper intro)
|Line 66:||Line 66:|
==== Military ====
==== Military ====
==== Newspapers ====
==== Probate ====
==== Probate ====
Revision as of 17:12, 29 March 2013
Guide to McMullen County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Adopted by McMullen County TXGenWeb
Marti Brown ~ County Coordinator
Records from the first, short-lived organization have not survived.
Places / Localities
Calliham | Tilden
- McMullen County Cemeteries from the McMullen County TXGenWeb site. Listing of all the cemeteries and some photos.
Local histories are available for McMullen County, Texas Genealogy. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Texas Local Histories.
- McMullen County History, 1981, by the McMullen County History Book Committee.
- McMullen County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as McMullen County, Texas Genealogy newspapers in online catalogs like:
Probate records of Texas have been kept by the probate clerk in each county courthouse. You can obtain copies of the records from the clerk's office. In most counties, all information pertaining to a probate case is recorded in the "probate minutes."
Content: Probate Records may give the decedent's date of death, names of his or her spouse, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, neighbors, associates, relatives, and their places of residence.
Record types: Wills, estates, guardianships, naturalizations, marriage, adoption, and birth and death records.
See the Wiki page Texas Probate Records for information about how to use probate records.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. United States Vital Records has additional research guidance on researching and using vital records. See Texas Vital Records for more information about Vital records in Texas or How to order Texas Vital Records
A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Texas Vital Records State Department of Health, the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred, ordered electronically online or download an application for Texas Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Verification Application to mail.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- McMullen County TXGenWeb site Information on the history of the people and county.
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), McMullen County, Texas. Page 670 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handbook of Texas Online: McMullen County http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcm09
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.