Meade County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Meade County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Meade County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||January 8, 1873|
|Address|| Meade County Courthouse|
200 N. Fowler Street
P.O. Box 278
Meade, Kansas 67864
Meade County Courthouse
200 N Fowler St; PO Box 278;
Meade, KS 67864;
Reorganized 7 Mar 1885
Probate Judge has birth, marriage, probate and court records.
City Clerk has burial record.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1873--Meade County was created 8 January 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Meade 
- Meade County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Meade County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Meade County, Kansas page 253, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).