Medina County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Medina County, Ohio|
Location in the state of Ohio
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||February 12, 1812|
|Address|| 93 Public Square
Medina, Ohio 44256
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Madison County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed with men from Madison County.
- 166th Regiment, Ohio Infantry (National Guard), Companies B, D, E, and F
The following newspapers are available at the Medina County District Library (1) Medina County Gazette 1855-present (2) Medina County Sentinel 1899-1950 (3) Seville chronicle 1948-1984
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch – Pilot. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Medina County District Library located at 210 South Broadway Street, Medina Ohio 44256. Tel: 330-725-0588 This library has a dedicated Local History & Genealogy Collection located in the Franklin Sylvester Room of this library. This room has dedicated film readers and copy machines.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project: Has maps, name indexes, history, Census, County Records, Newspaper films, and other information for this county. ,Medina County
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Harriet Taylor Upton, History of the Western Reserve, Volume 1 (Chicago: The Lewis publishing company, 1910), 58.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).