Meeker County, Minnesota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Meeker County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Meeker County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||February 23, 1856|
|Address|| Meeker County Courthouse|
325 N Shibley Avenue
Litchfield, MN 55355
Meeker County Website
Clerk District Court has birth, marriage, death,
divorce and court records from 1870, probate
records from 1858, school records, naturalization
records from 1884.
Court Recorder has land record. 
1856--Meeker County was created 23 February 1856 from Davis (Eliminated) County. County seat: Litchfield 
- For a brief history of how Meeker County was named, click here. Then select Meeker County.
For a list of cities and towns go to hometownlocator.com or wikipedia.com.
- Album of history and biography of Meeker County, Minnesota , Chicago : Alden, Ogle & Co., 1888. -- viii, 9-610 p. ports. Find a copy at Family History Library Film # 1000260 I. 3 or WorldCat. Contains sketches of cities and towns and biographies of old settlers and representative men and more.
- Illustrated album of biography of Meeker and McLeod counties, Minnesota Chicago : Alden, Ogle, 1888. 791 p. ports. Find a copy at Family History Library Film # 1421922 Item 2 or WorldCat.
- 1874 Map of Litchfield, Meeker, Minnesota from the David Rumsey Map Collection.
Civil War service men from Freeborn County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Freeborn County.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Company D.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Meeker County, Minnesota page 366, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).