Meigs County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Meigs County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Athens and Gallia Counties in 1819.
- County Seat: Pomeroy
- Neighboring Counties: Meigs County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Athens (north) · Hocking (northwest) · Mason (south) · Jackson County, West Virginia (southeast) · Vinton (west) · Gallia (southwest) · Wood County, West Virginia (east)
See an interactive map of Meigs County boundary changes.
Cities and towns:
Alfred | Antiquity | Apple Grove | Bald Knobs | Bashan | Bradbury | Bucks Mill | Burlingham | Carpenter | Chester | Danville | Darwin | Dexter | Dorcas | Dyesville| East Letart | Eden | Five Points | Flora | Great Bend | Hanesville | Harrisonville | Hazael | Hemlock Grove | Hobson | Hobson Junction | Horner Hill | Joppa | Keno | Kingsbury | Langsville | Letart Falls | Lima | Lincoln Heights | Long Bottom | Meigs |Merritt | Middleport | Midway | Minersville | Mount Blanco | Nease Settlement | Oldtown | Flats | Pageville | Pinegrove | Plants | Point Rock | Pomeroy | Portland | Racine | Reedsville | Rock Springs | Rolandus | Rushville | Rutland | Salem Center Shade River | Silver Run | Snowville | Spiller | Success | Sumner | Syracuse | Tuppers Plains | Valley Ford | Welsh | Welshtown | Wolfpen
- Jackson County, West Virginia
- Mason County, West Virginia
- Wood County, West Virginia
For a list of cemeteries in Meigs County, OH, click here.
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Civil War
- - Civil War service men from Meigs County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Meigs County.
- - 116th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies B and G
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. USGenWeb Meigs County
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).