Mercer County, OhioEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Mercer County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||April 1, 1820|
|Address|| Mercer County Courthouse|
101 N. Main St.
Celina, Ohio 45822
Mercer County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Darke and Shelby Counties 12 February 1820.
- County Seat: Celina
- Neighboring Counties: Mercer County, Ohio residents may also have records in Van Wert (north) · Adams County, Indiana (northwest) · Darke (south) · Shelby (southeast) · Jay County, Indiana (west) · Auglaize (east)
See an interactive map of Mercer County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Archives, Libraries, and Museums
Miami Valley Genealogy Index is an Index to more than a half million pointers to records all over Miami Valley including Mercer County.
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Mercer County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercer_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).