Mercer County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Mercer County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Mercer County Courthouse|
101 N. Main St.
Celina, Ohio 45822
Mercer County Website
United States Ohio Mercer County
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Darke and Shelby Counties 12 February 1820.
- County Seat: Celina
- Neighboring Counties: Mercer County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Van Wert (north) · Adams County, Indiana (northwest) · Darke (south) · Shelby (southeast) · Jay County, Indiana (west) · Auglaize (east)
See an interactive map of Mercer County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Archives, Libraries, and Museums
Miami Valley Genealogy Index is an Index to more than a half million pointers to records all over Miami Valley including Mercer County.
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
Mercer County Courthouse
101 North Main Street
PO Box 28;
Celina, OH 45822
Probate Judge has birth and death records 1867-1908,
marriage records from 1830 and probate records from 1829;
Clerk Court has div & ct rec from 1824; Co Rcdr has land rec)
Family History Centers
- 1821–1962 - Ohio, Births and Christenings, 1821-1962 at FamilySearch Historical Records – free. This is an incomplete index of extractions of original records and of patron-submitted records. This index is not complete for any particular place or region. Information may have been previously published in the International Genealogical Index or Vital Records Index collections.
- 1800–1958 - Ohio, Marriages, 1800-1958 at FamilySearch Historical Records – free; Index. Name index to marriage records from the state of Ohio. Microfilm copies of these records are available at the Family History Library and FamilySearch Centers. Due to privacy laws, recent records may not be displayed. The year range represents most of the records. A few records may be earlier or later.
- 1854–1997 - Ohio, Deaths and Burials, 1854-1997 at FamilySearch Historical Records – free; Index. Name index to death and burial records from the state of Ohio. Microfilm copies of these records are available at the Family History Library and Family History Centers. This set contains 2,535,556 records. Due to privacy laws, recent records may not be displayed. The year range represents most of the records. A few records may be earlier or later.
- 1908–1932, 1938–1944, and 1958–2007 - Ohio, Death Index, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007 at FamilySearch Historical Records – free. Index of deaths from the Ohio Department of Health in Columbus. Index provided by Ancestry.com.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Mercer County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercer_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More