Mercer County, West VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This West Virginia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Mercer County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
Mercer County Courthouse
P O Box 1716,
Princeton, WV 24740
County Clerk has birth, marriage and death records from 1853; probate and land recrods from 1837; Circuit Court Clerk has divorce and court records from 1837
See an interactive map of Mercer County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Bland County, Virginia
- Giles County, Virginia
- Tazewell County, Virginia
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Johnston, Daniel E A History of the Middle New River Settlements and Contiguous Kinyon Digital Library
- West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital versions at U.S. Census Bureau and Google Books et. al. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Virginia, Western District, Mercer County on page 135.]
- Rejected or Suspended Applications for Revolutionary War Pensions. Washington, D.C., 1852. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1969, and 1991. Reprints include "an Added Index to States." FHL Collection 973 M24ur; digital version at Ancestry ($). [Includes veterans from this county; Virginia section begins on page 238.]
West Virginia, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
Mercer County, West Virginia Will Books 1838 - 1969
- West Virginia Will Books
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- CYNDI'S List West Virginia
- Book One Western Virginia An old man's thrilling experiences in Mercer County.
- Mercer County Wikipedia
- The New Dailey Telegraph
- Historic Bramwell, West Virginia
- Horton G Cowan
- National Register of Historic Places - Mercer County, West Virginia
- Princeton Mercer County Chamber of Commerce
- Historic Bridges in Mercer County
Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback