Mercer County, West VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This West Virginia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
P O Box 1716, Princeton, WV
- County Clerk has birth, marriage & death records from 1853 probate and land recrods from 1837; Clk Cir Court has div and court records from 1837
See an interactive map of Mercer County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Bland County, Virginia
- Giles County, Virginia
- Tazewell County, Virginia
LDS Ward and Branch Records
For tips on accessing Mercer County, West Virginia census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Join us in indexing the 1940 Census
West Virgina,Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital versions at U.S. Census Bureau and Google Books et. al. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Virginia, Western District, Mercer County on page 135.]
- Rejected or Suspended Applications for Revolutionary War Pensions. Washington, D.C., 1852. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1969, and 1991. Reprints include "an Added Index to States." FHL Collection 973 M24ur; digital version at Ancestry ($). [Includes veterans from this county; Virginia section begins on page 238.]
Societies and Libraries
Mercer Family History Hall of Fame
"May we preserve their memories & Contributions!"
Please write about deceased historians & Genealogist!
Mercer County Historical Historical Society, Athens, West Virginia 24712
Family History Centers
Introduction to LDS Family History Centers. The closest family history centers are in the Huntington Family History Center and the Charleston Family History Center
- West Virginia Vital Records - Birth - Death - Marriages. See also How to order West Virginia Vital Records or order electronically online.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).