Meridian Idaho East Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 11443 McMillan Rd., Boise, Idaho 83713
- Entry is at the back of the meetinghouse.
- Link to map of the Meridian East Family History Center
Phone: (208) 376-0452
Open Hours: Mon. 3 pm - 5 pm, Tues. - Thurs. 9 am - 3 pm, 7 pm - 9:30 pm
Holiday Schedule 2011: Closed week of Thanksgiving and the last 2 weeks of December.
Summer Vacation 2012: July 27 - August 12
Calendar and Events
Inservice Meetings for all librarians, Family History consultants, and for the general public are held every 3rd Thursday at 7:00 p.m. (except for July, Aug. & Dec.)
On-topic classes are held in the library on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. Call the library to register for these classes. These classes will resume in January.
Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Our library has over 1,000 microfiche & microfilm on permanent loan for patrons to use.
Library Resources: Our bookshelves contain all of the basic genealogy resources, as well as historic maps several volumes of special interest for those with pioneer ancestry. They include:
- "The Handybook for Genealogists"
- "Crash Course in Family History"
- "The Census Book" by Dollarhide
- "The Source"
- "The Redbook"
- "Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah"
- "Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude" - 4 volume set
Databases and Software
- Software installed on our computers include: PAF, Rootsmagic, Legacy, and Animap
FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These premium sites include:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- Find My Past
- Fold3 (formerly Footnote)
- The Genealogist (British Ressearch)
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- This center has 8 computers with high-speed internet, microfilm readers, microfiche readers, and a digital microfilm & microfiche scanner and printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Our librarians are prepared to give one-on-one help with: New Family Search, familysearch.org, Temple file submissions and Rootsmagic.
To schedule the library for a group use please contact our Library Director: Elizabeth Poulsen (447-7347) to ensure that there will be computers available and librarians prepared to assist you.
Resources in the Local Area
Idaho State Historical Society & Idaho State Archives -- http://history.idaho.gov/
The Idaho State Archives provides public access and archival management for the State of Idaho’s 123,000 cubic feet of public records, as well as photographs,manuscripts, maps, books, periodicals, state documents, and oral history interviews. Services include cataloging, digitization, preservation, inter-library Loan services, and environmentally-controlled storage.