Mescalero Indian Agency (New Mexico)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indians of North America-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
A few records for the Mescalero Agency are in the Rocky Mountain Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in Denver.
The 1900 federal census included population schedules for the Mescalero Apache Indians in New Mexico. The Indians residing on this reservation in 1900 were under the jurisdiction of the Mescalero Indian Agency and are listed on Indian Population Schedules as District 178, Mescalero Apache Reservation, in Otero County, New Mexico.
Records Available Through the Family History Library
Census Records 1885-1939 FHL Films: 579665-579666
Inventroy of the records of the Mescalero Indian Agency by Robert Svenningsen. FHL Book: 970.1 Al#13
- ↑ Guide to Federal Records, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Record Group 75. Available online.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Marquette University. Guide to Catholic-Related Records in the Midwest about Native Americans.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News