Mexico, Chihuahua, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Mexico, Chihuahua, Catholic Church Records, 1632-1958 .
Foreign Language Title
Registros Parroquiales de la Iglesia Católica en el Estado de Chihuahua, México.
The Family History Library collection of the Catholic Church parish records of the Diocese of Chihuahua, Mexico covers the years from 1622 to 1958.
For a list of records by localities, document type and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Iglesia Católica. Mexico, Chihuahua, Catholic Church Records. Archivo Diocesano de Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico.
- Place and date of the baptism
- Given name
- Gender, place and date of birth or age at baptism
- If legitimate or illegitimate
- Parents names, sometimes their residence and/or place of birth
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Name/s of godparents
- Place and date of the marriage
- Name of the groom
- Age of groom, his place of birth and/or residence
- Name of the groom’s parents
- Name of the bride
- Age of bride, her place of birth and/or residence
- Names of the bride’s parents
- Sometimes, the parent’s place of origin and/or civil status
- Names of witnesses
- Place and date of the burial
- Burial place
- Name of the principal
- Place and date of birth or age at time of death
- Cause of death
- Residence of the deceased
- Place of death
- Civil status of the principal, if married the name of the spouse may be given
- If principal left progeny
- Date and place of confirmation
- Name of person being confirmed
- Parents’ or godparents’ names
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "Ciudad o pueblo" category
⇒ Select the "Parroquia" category
⇒ Select the "Tipo de registro y años" category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
- Mexico Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Mexico Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Mexico Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should also list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the Wiki Article:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
|This citation example isn't from this collection. You can help by replacing this example with a citation for a record found in this collection.|
“Argentina, Buenos Aires, Catholic Church Records, 1635-1981,” images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 28 February, 2012), La Plata > San Ponciano > Matrimonios 1884-1886 > image 71 of 389 images, Artemio Avendano and Clementina Peralta, 1884; citing Parroquia de San Ponciano en la Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Matrimonios. San Ponciano, La Plata, Buenos Aires.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More