Mexico, Hidalgo, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Title in the Language of the Record
Registros Parroquiales de la Iglesia Católica del Estado de Hidalgo, Mexico.
This collection of the Catholic Church parish records of the State of Hidalgo covers the years from 1546-1963.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- Catholic parishes in the State of Hidalgo. Mexico, Hidalgo, Catholic church records. Diocese Archives, Hidalgo, Mexico.
Important genealogical information found in Baptismal records include:
- Place and date of the baptism
- Given name
- Gender, place and date of birth or age at baptism
- If legitimate or illegitimate
- Parents names, sometimes their residence and/or place of birth
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Name/s of godparents
Important genealogical information found in Marriage records include:
- Place and date of the marriage
- Name of the groom
- Age of groom, his place of birth and/or residence
- Name of the groom’s parents
- Name of the bride
- Age of bride, her place of birth and/or residence
- Names of the bride’s parents
- Sometimes, the parent’s place of origin and/or civil status
- Names of witnesses
Important genealogical information found in Death records include:
- Place and date of the burial
- Burial place
- Name of the principal
- Place and date of birth or age at time of death
- Cause of death
- Residence of the deceased
- Place of death
- Civil status of the principal, if married the name of the spouse may be given
- If principal left progeny
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "Ciudad o pueblo" category
⇒ Select the "Parroquia" category
⇒ Select the "Tipo de registro y años" category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
"Mexico, Hidalgo Catholic Church Records", database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org), 2009; from Diocese of Tulancingo, Diocese of Tula, Diocese of Saltillo, Diocese of Huejutla. Registros parroquiales, 1546-1963. Original records also housed in locar parishe archives throughout the State of Hidalgo, Mexico. FHL 3,343 microfilm reels. Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.