Mexico, Jalisco, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Mexico, Jalisco, Catholic Church Records, 1590-1979 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Registros Paroquiales del Estado de Jalisco, México
This collection of parish records for the State of Jalisco includes the years 1590 to 1995. The text of the records is in Spanish. For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Baptism records usually contain the following information:
- Date and place of baptism
- Child's name and gender
- Child's date and place of birth
- Parents' names
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Names of witnesses
Confirmation records usually contain the following information:'
- Name and age of person being confirmed
- Date of confirmation
- Parish of confirmation
- Father's name
- Mother's name
- Godparents's names
Marriage records usually contain the following information:
- Date and place of marriage
- Groom's name, age, civil status, origin and nationality
- Groom's occupation and residence
- Names of groom's parents and if deceased
- Groom's parents' occupation, origin and nationality
- Bride's name, age, civil status, origin and nationality
- Bride's occupation and residence
- Names of bride's parents and if deceased
- Bride's parents' occupation, origin and nationality
- Names of the witnesses and their residence
Death records may contain the following information:
- Name and age of deceased *Date and place of death
- Civil status and origin of deceased
- Spouse's name if married, and their age
- Parents' names
- Declarant's name, age and civil status
How to Use the Records
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "City or Town"
⇒ Select the "Parish"
⇒ Select the "Record Type and Years" which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Mexico, Jalisco, Catholic Church Records, 1590-1979
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Records collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Mexico, Jalisco, Catholic Church Records, 1590-1995." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013.
- This page was last modified on 13 March 2014, at 15:44.
- This page has been accessed 16,031 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback