Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Title in the Language of the Record
Registros Parroquiales de la Iglesia Católica del Estado de Sinaloa, México.
This collection of Catholic Church parish records for the State of Sinola, Mexico covers the years from 1667-1968.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Diocese of Culiacan, Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico. Registros parroquiales, 1667-1968. Original records also housed in various local parish archives throughout the State of Sinaloa.
Digital images of original records housed at various Catholic Church parish archive repositories throughout the Satte of Sinaloa, Mexico.
Important genealogical information found in Catholic Church baptismal records includes:
- Place and date of the baptism
- Given name
- Place and date of birth or age at baptism
- If legitimate or illegitimate
- Parents' names, sometimes their residence and/or place of birth
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names' of godparents
Important genealogical information found in Catholic Church marriage records includes:
- Place and date of the marriage
- Name of the groom
- Age, place of birth, and/or residence of groom
- Names of the groom’s parents
- Name of the bride
- Age, place of birth, and/or residence of bride
- Names of the bride’s parents
- Sometimes the parent’s place of origin and/or civil status
- Names of witnesses
Important genealogical information found in Catholic Church burial records includes:
- Place and date of the burial
- Burial place
- Name of the principal
- Place and date of birth or age at time of death
- Cause of death
- Residence of the deceased
- Place of death
- Civil status of the principal
- If married, may give the name of the spouse
- Whether principal left progeny
Important genealogical information found in Catholic Church confirmation records includes:
- Date and place of confirmation
- Name of person being confirmed
- Parents’ or godparents’ names
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "_____________" category
⇒ Select the "_____________" category
⇒ Select the "_____________" category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
| This section is incomplete.
You can help by adding content.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
|This citation example isn't from this collection. You can help by replacing this example with a citation for a record found in this collection.|