Miami-Dade County, Florida GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Miami-Dade County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Miami-Dade County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||November 13, 1997|
Miami-Dade County Courthouse
111 NW First St Ste 220
Miami, FL 33128
Formerly Dade County named changed to Miami-Dade 2 Dec 1997
County Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk Circuit Courthas divorce and land records from 1890.
Renamed from Dade County 13 November 1997 by the voter referendum to acknowledge the international recognition of the name "Miami". The county at the formation 18 January 1836 included what are now Palm Beach and Brevard counties. Named for Maj. Francis L. Dade, a soldier killed in 1835 in the Second Seminole War.
Places / Localities
- Woodlawn Park West, Hialeah BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Miami-Dade County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
1885 Florida State Population Census includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents.
Dade County Recorder's database contains official records recorded through 2/26/06 for Dade County Florida. All images of recorded documents going back to March 1st 1974, can now be viewed for free. Search is made by entering a name and if wished, a beginning and ending date, and either all documents or specifying which document is desired.
Miami-Dade County Recorder's record search. This site allows you to make a search of their records which includes, deeds, probate, mortgages, etc. Some items are digizited for viewing.
- Miami-Dade County Marriage License/Application Index. Searchable by name and approximate dates.
- 1905-1911 - Dade County Marriage Index 1905-1911. Batch M737502 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Homestead Florida Family History Center
- Miami Florida Family History Center
- Miami Lakes Florida Family History Center (Hialeah)
- Miami Shores Florida Family History Center (North Miami Beach)
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- USGenWebs Archive Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Dade County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Miami-Dade County FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Miami Dade County, Florida Page 136 ; FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/54/Igiflorida.pdf.
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News