Miami-Dade County, Florida GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:26, 12 September 2008 by AVHone
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- Renamed from Dade County 13 November 1997 by the voter referendum to acknowledge the international recognition of the name "Miami".
- The County at the formation 18 January 1836 included what are now Palm Beach and Brevard counties.
- Named for Maj. Francis L. Dade, a soldier killed in 1835 in the Second Seminole War.
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News