Michigan Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: I have a relative that I know died in Michigan, but I cannot find the death record. Where else can I look?
Answer #1: Some of the death records from Michigan were mistakenly placed in with records from Missouri. If you go to the FamilySearch homepage at familysearch.org and enter Batch: B51834-2 in the search box you will find almost 3,000 additional death records for Michigan..
Question #2: Some record detail pages have messaging that states “No image available.” How can I view these images?
Answer #2: Available on the record detail page is a Film Number that you can look up in the Catalog and order for viewing at a FamilySearch Center by clicking on Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche. It would seem that not all of the microfilms were digitized.
Question #3: When I am browsing, the left-side of Page 3 (image 105) is followed by the right-side of Page 62 (image 106). How can I sort these pages out?
Answer #3: There are several known instances of this occurrence of mismatched pages (left and right sides are out-of-sequence):
- The left-side of Page 3 is viewed on Image 105; the right-side of Page 3 can be viewed on Image 1.
- The left-side of Page 135 is viewed on Image 705; the right-side of Page 135 can be viewed on Image 901.
- The left-side of Page 260 is viewed on Image 900; the right-side of Page 260 can be viewed on Image 706.
The microfilm does not have this same out-of-sequence problem found online. Available on the record detail page is a Film Number that you can look up in the Catalog and order for viewing at a FamilySearch Center by clicking on Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Michigan, Deaths, 1867-1897 > 4207816 > Image 1468 of 1495.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Michigan Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Michigan, Deaths, 1867-1897 collection at FamilySearch.org.