Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration, 1948-2009 .
This collection contains birth, marriage, and death certificates from the State of Pohnpei, Micronesia, between the years of 1948-2009.
For a list of records by date and event currently published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation for This Collection
- Pohnpei Clerk of Courts. Micronesia, Pohnpei civil registration. Pohnpei Supreme Court, Kolonia, Micronesia.
Key genealogical information found in birth certificates will include:
- Name and gender of child
- Child's birth date and place of birth
- Name of father
- Name of mother
- Residence of parents
- Number of children previously born to mother
- Village, municipality, atoll or island of birth
Key genealogical information found in marriage certificates may include:
- Date and place of marriage
- Bride’s full name and residence
- Groom’s full name and residence
- Bride's birth date and place of birth
- Groom's birth date and place of birth
- Names of witnesses
- Person who officiated at marriage ceremony
- Village, municipality, atoll or island group where marriage occurred
Key genealogical information found in death certificates may include:
- Date and place of record
- Name of deceased
- Date and place of death
- Gender and race of deceased
- Residence of deceased
- Birth date of deceased
- Village, municipality, atoll or island group where death occurred
How to Use the Record
To search the collection select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page ⇒ Select the Event Type ⇒ Select the Year or Inclusive Years ⇒ Select the Certificate Numbers which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For you to use this collection, you need to know the following information:
- Ancestor's name
- Name of Mother
- Name of Father
- Place of residence at the time of event
When you have found the information that you have been looking for:
- You can use the age to calculate an approximate birth date.
- Use the information you have found to locate the time of residence for the census
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
Citing Family Search Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
"Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration, 1948-2009," digital images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org : accessed 27 January 2012), Aisek Serwia, died 8 February 1966; citing Pohnpei, Civil Registrations, >Death Certificates, 1966, 002-66 to 042-66, image 15; Micronesia, Pohnpei, State Supreme Court, Civil Registration, Supreme Court, Kolonia, Micronesia.