Middleton by Wirksworth, Derbyshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Middleton by Wirksworth is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1841 from Wirksworth, Derbyshire Ancient Parish. Other places in the parish include: Hopton, Ivonbrook Grange, Ible, and Grange Mill.
MIDDLETON-by-Wirksworth, a hamlet, in the parish and hundred of Wirksworth, union of Bakewell, S. division of the county of Derby, 1¼ mile (N. N. W.) from Wirksworth. A chapel of ease was built in 1844. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Non Conformist Churches
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241299.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Derbyshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
1689 Middleton & Crumford Poll Tax: Transcribed by Barry Marple and housed by John Palmer of Dorset