Midland County, MichiganEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Midland County Michigan genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Midland County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||March 2, 1831|
|Address|| Midland County Courthouse|
220 W Ellsworth St.
Midland, MI 48640-5194
Phone: (989) 832-6850
Fax: (989) 837-6575
Midland County Website
County Clerk has birth, marriage and death records from 1867,
burial records from mid-1800’s, military discharge records 1918 and naturalization records 1853-1948.
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records from 1800’s.
Probate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1855. 
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Midland County, Michigan page 348, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).