Midland Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 4805 Gateway Street, Midland, Texas 79707
- We are located north of Loop 250 between Midland Drive and Midkiff, at the corner of Crestgate Ave and Gateway St.
- Please, use the east entrance that is closest to Gateway Street. This is on the opposite side of the building from the Pavillion and west parking lot. You may park on the street or in the north parking lot. Be sure to press the white door bell and a Family History Center volunteer will open the door.
- To make an appointment for free assistance during a time other than the standard hours listed below, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 432-694-3830.
Phone: 432-694-3830 Leave a message
- Tuesday: 9am-3pm
- Wednesday: 9am-12pm & 7pm-9pm,
Holiday Schedule: Closed for Thanksgiving: November 25th through 29th
Closed for Christmas and New Years: December 23rd through January 3rd
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 2 Microfilm readers
- 2nd Microfilm reader works with the computer to print and save the images digitally. Remember to bring your flash drive to keep a copy of your images.
- 6 Desktop computers