Milton County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:35, 28 February 2012 by Regulus40
- Milton County was formed 18 December 1857 with parts from Cherokee, Cobb and Forsyth counties.
- County seat was Alpharetta.
- Along with Campbell County, Milton County ceased to exist and merged with Fulton County 1 January 1932.
- For records, see Fulton County, Georgia.
Legal Advertising 1868-1873 Georgia Pioneers
- Wills 1865-1882 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Book A 1865-1882 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Book B 1879-1928 Georgia Pioneers
Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- Kenneth K. Krakow, Georgia Place Names (Macon, Ga.: Winship Press, 1975) (FHL 975.8 E2k), 150. WorldCat entry.
- T. S. Arthur and W. H. Carpenter, History of Georgia: From Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time, Lippincott's Cabinet Histories of the States, Georgia (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1858). (FHL 6117226) Digitized by BYU Family History Archives.
- Robert Preston Brooks, History of Georgia (Boston: Atkinson, Mentzer, 1913) (FHL 6104646) Digitized by Google Books.
- Ellis Merton Coulter, A Short History of Georgia (Chapel Hill, [N. Car.]: Univ. of N. Car. Press, 1933) (FHL 975.8 H2ce). WorldCat entry.
- Clark Howell, History of Georgia (S.l.: S.J. Clarke, 1926) (Book FHL 975.8 D3hc; Film FHL 1000159). WorldCat entry.