Mineral County, Colorado GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Mineral County Courthouse;
1201 N Main St; PO Box 70;
Creede, CO 81130;
County Clerk has marriage records from 1893 and
military records from 1945; District Court has divorce,
probate court and naturalization records;
County Assessor has land records
- Before 1861 the northeastern part of this modern Colorado county was in New Mexico Territory. Check for possible pre-1861 records in New Mexico. For further explanation see Taos County, Colorado.
- 1893 Mineral County was created 27 March 1893 from Hinsdale County. County seat: Creede 
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Mineral County, Colorado Genealogy census records online, see: Colorado Census.
Mineral County Old Age Pension Records 1933-1936. An Index compiled from the offical record of the applications granted by the Mineral County Commissioners during these years. Record may show the following:
- Name of Applicant
- Date and Amount of pension payment
- Any adjustments to the pension
- Person's age
- Town nearest to where they lived
- Other Actions done by the County
Societies and Libraries
Mineral County School/Regional Public Library
380 La Garita Ave
Creede, CO 81130
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mineral County, Colorado. Page 100 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Colorado-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News