Mineral County, Colorado GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Mineral County Courthouse;
1201 N Main St; PO Box 70;
Creede, CO 81130;
County Clerk has marriage records from 1893 and
military records from 1945; District Court has divorce,
probate court and naturalization records;
County Assessor has land records
- Before 1861 the northeastern part of this modern Colorado county was in New Mexico Territory. Check for possible pre-1861 records in New Mexico. For further explanation see Taos County, Colorado.
- 1893 Mineral County was created 27 March 1893 from Hinsdale County. County seat: Creede 
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Mineral County, Colorado Genealogy census records online, see: Colorado Census.
Mineral County Old Age Pension Records 1933-1936. An Index compiled from the offical record of the applications granted by the Mineral County Commissioners during these years. Record may show the following:
- Name of Applicant
- Date and Amount of pension payment
- Any adjustments to the pension
- Person's age
- Town nearest to where they lived
- Other Actions done by the County
Societies and Libraries
Mineral County School/Regional Public Library
380 La Garita Ave
Creede, CO 81130
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mineral County, Colorado. Page 100 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Colorado-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.