Minnesota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Welcome to Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Lakes|
Extinct or Renamed Counties: Andy Johnson | Big Sioux | Breckenridge | Buchanan | Davis | Doty | Mankahto | Manomin | Midway | Monongalia | Newton | Pembina | Pierce | St. Croix | Superior | Toombs | Wahnata
Lake Superior · Mississippi River · St. Croix River · Minnesota River · Dubuque-Fort Snelling Road · Fort Snelling-Superior Road · St. Paul-Pembina Road · Northern Pacific Railway · Great Northern Railway (U.S.)
- Find which county a town is in, what town a cemetery is in, even where a postoffice or building is by using the United States Geographical Survey's Geographical Names Information System.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- The Minnesota GenWeb Project has a wealth of information and is a part of the larger USGenWeb Project. The USGenWeb Project provides internet information on every county in every state in the United States.
- Family History 101 - My Minnesota Genealogy contains Minnesota state history, links to counties, county histories, where to find records in each county and online links.
- Minnesota State Archives
- Minnesota Official Marriage System is an index to marriage certificates on file within Minnesota.
- BYU Minnesota Research Outline largely duplicates these Wiki pages. Includes some bibliographic lists from BYU Library, 2001.
Did you know?
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News