Minnesota For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 00:36, 10 July 2012 by Murphynw
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 2004. Free online version; FHL 973 D27rb 2004; WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Pope, Wiley R. Tracing Your Ancestors in Minnesota: A Guide to the Sources. St. Paul, Minn.: Minnesota Family Trees, 1980–. Book FHL 977.6 D27p vols.1–9 (2d ed.); vol.1 (1st ed.) on Film FHL 1036406 item 13; vol.2 also on Film FHL 1033840 item 5; WorldCat entry. The first volume contains general sources and suggestions for Minnesota research; additional volumes focus on the various regions of the state.
- Lind, Marilyn. Continuing Your Genealogical Research in Minnesota. Cloquet, Minn.: The Linden Tree, 1986. FHL 977.6 D2L. WorldCat entry. This book contains maps and information on history, migration, minorities, record, research centers, and county details.
- Warren, Paula Stuart. Minnesota Genealogical Reference Guide. St. Paul, Minn.: Warren Research and Publishing, 1994. FHL 977.6 A1 no. 143. WorldCat entry. This book contains information about various record types found in Minnesota, lists of research repositories, genealogical societies, and research repositories beyond Minnesota, travel information. A third edition was published in 1997 (not at Family History Library) and a fourth edition with significant changes was scheduled for publication in 1998.
- Warren, Paula Stuart. Research in Minnesota. Arlington, Va.: National Genealogical Society, 1992. FHL 977.6 A1 no. 112; WorldCat entry. This book contains a brief history of Minnesota and research aids to genealogy in Minnesota.