Mission Viejo California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Free Genealogy Classes
20 Sep 2012 - Basic Genealogy
11 Oct 2012 - Record Keeping
08 Nov 2012 - Family History Gifts
10 Jan 2013 - DNA
07 Feb 2013 - Immigration
14 Mar 2013 - England
11 Apr 2013 - Germany
16 May 2013 - Conference Report
06 Jun 2013 - Planning a Research Trip
Sign Up: Call 949-582-0285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLASSES FROM 7:00 to 8:00 pm
Location & Map
Address: 27976 Marguerite Parkway, Mission Viejo, California.
- Corner of Marguerite Parkway and Hillcrest. Enter at the rear of the building - left hand door.
- Location on Map.
Center Contacts and Hours
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM and 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday: 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM
- April 7 -- General Confeence
- May 26 -- Memorial Day
- July 4 -- Independence Day
- August 14-28 -- Summer Vacation
- September 1 -- Labor Day
- October 6 -- General Conference
- November 20-26 -- Thanksgiving Week
- December 18- January 1 -- Christmas and New Years
- Family History Library Catalog:This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal:This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.This includes the following:
- Fold 3.com
- ThePaperTrail.org (A guide to Overland Pioneer Names and Documents
- American Civil War Collection
- 19th Century British Newspapers Archive
- ArkivDigital (Swedish records=36 Million documents)
Hardware and Equipment
- 9 Computers with Internet access
- 7 Microfilm Readers
- 2 Microfiche Readers
- 1 Digital Imaging System
- Microfilm and Microfiche Scanner
- Flatbed Scanner
- Provide one on one research help and provide access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program.
- Provide Training. (Offering free how to classes)
- Assist in cleaning up data files.
- Provide Service Opportunities for volunteers.
- Visit the center any time during our open hours. We will be glad to acquaint you with our resources and equipment.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback