Missoula Montana Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Missoula Montana Family History Center located in the mountain valley of Missoula, Montana in western Montana services all of Missoula County and shares this duty with the smaller FHC at Sealey Lake, Montana.
Center Contacts and Hours
Address: 3201 Bancroft St Missoula, Montana,59801
Hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays 10am to 4pm and 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Open Wednesdays by appointment 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm Call 406-549-7310
- The Center is located on the South side of the building off of Bancroft.
- Parking is just in front of the side entrance door. If the door is locked there is a door bell on the right side of the door to alert the Librarians of your presents.
- (Link to map using Googleor other map sites)
Phone:406-543-6148 Call during Center Hours
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
The Center has:
- 5 computers
- 4 printers
- a copier
- 3 film readers
- 2 microfiche readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
'We have approximately 800 films on permanent loan. Come in and check them out.
Missoula is the name of both the county and the city, which is also the county seat, Missoula. The city is also know as the "5 Valleys' as it has five entrances that help form the large valley.
FamilySearch Wiki for Missoula, Missoula County, Montana
FamilySearch has materials about the local and state areas in its state page Montana
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)