From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
Join a Community of researchers! Ask questions, help others, and share your research successes on [http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missouri-Genealogy-Research-Community/216269005073385 Facebook] and/or [https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Join_a_Skype_Research_Community#Europe Skype].<br>
Join a Community of
== Counties ==
== Counties ==
Revision as of 03:51, 14 June 2011
- This article is about a central state of the United States. For other uses, see Missouri (disambiguation).
United States Missouri
Welcome to Missouri, The Show Me State
Most archives, historical societies, and genealogical societies have special collections and indexes of genealogical value. For example, the St. Louis Public Library has a card index to published genealogies in books and periodicals. Such collections must usually be searched in person. The Library can accessed at http://www.slpl.org/index.asp.
| St. Louis City |
- Find which county a town is in, what town a cemetery is in, even where a postoffice or building is by using the United States Geographical Survey's Geographical Names Information System.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- The Missouri GenWeb Project has a wealth of information and is a part of the larger USGenWeb Project. The USGenWeb Project provides internet information on every county in every state in the United States.
- BYU Missouri Research Outline largely duplicates these Wiki pages. Includes some bibliographic lists from BYU Library, 2001.
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by: