MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a central state of the United States. For other uses, see Missouri (disambiguation).
United States Missouri
|*If you are interested in being the moderator for Missouri, Please contact the Support Team.|
|Did You Know?|
| *Missouri State Archives has death certificates for 1910-1957 online.
Welcome to Missouri, The Show Me State
Most archives, historical societies, and genealogical societies have special collections and indexes of genealogical value. For example, the St. Louis Public Library has a card index to published genealogies in books and periodicals. Such collections must usually be searched in person. The Library can accessed at http://www.slpl.org/index.asp.
| St. Louis City |
- Find which county a town is in, what town a cemetery is in, even where a postoffice or building is by using the United States Geographical Survey's Geographical Names Information System.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- The Missouri GenWeb Project has a wealth of information and is a part of the larger USGenWeb Project. The USGenWeb Project provides internet information on every county in every state in the United States.
- BYU Missouri Research Outline largely duplicates these Wiki pages. Includes some bibliographic lists from BYU Library, 2001.
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback