Mitchell County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Mitchell County Courthouse
PO Box 187
Camilla, GA 31730
Clerk Superior Court has divorce records from 1857
and court records from 1847
1869 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
Marriages from newspapers 1885-1886 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Wills and Estates 1868-1917 Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Digital Images of Mitchell County Wills and Bonds 1868-1917. See names of testators. Georgia Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Mitchell County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers ($)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).