Mobile County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1812--Mobile County was created 1 August 1812 from West Florida. County seat: Mobile 
Mobile, Alabama Wind Storm
July 5, 1916
1916-MOBILE IS SWEPT BY 85-MILE-AN-HOUR WIND . . The county courthouse was severely damaged, and faces of the clock on all four sides were blown off. . . The courthouse tower was wrecked and rain poured into the court rooms. . .
Dauphin Island | Mount Vernon
Census Designation Places
Grand Bay | Theodore | Tillmans Corner
Bucks | Eight Mile | Kushla | Mauvilla | St. Elmo | Semmes | Whistler
- Cold Springs cemetery, Theodore
- Mobile Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Tillmans Corner
- St. Rose of Lima, Mobile off Hwy 193 on island near Mon Louis.
Websites operated by the cemetery itself:
- Magnolia Cemetery, Mobile, AL
|Mobile County, Alabama|
|Sources: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml. through 1960|
Church History and Records (Rural)
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Mobile County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).