Monmouthshire Nonconformist RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Monmouthshire Nonconformist Chapels is a spreadsheet listing a combination of details related to chapels in Monmouthshire. It can be updated at any time if new information is discovered. This also provides the ability for many people to add or share information that may not be common knowledge to researchers outside Wales.
Many of the county's nonconformist chapel registers are available:
- in an archive or library
- Published as a booklet, microfiche
- On-line as transcriptions of the original registers on the IGI. (However, many of the birth and christening records on the IGI have had patronymic surnames incorrectly applied by the transcriber).
- On-line as part of a pay to use website
Sources used to compile the spreadsheet listed above:
- Archives Network Wales
- The Religious Census of 1851 A Calendar of the Returns Relating to Wales, Volume I South Wales
- Nonconformist Registers of Wales
- Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
Jones, D.E. Mrs. William roberts 'Nefydd,' A brief biography of "Nefydd" son of Robert Roberts and Anne Davies born in 1813 near Denbigh, was an early leader of the Baptist movement, educator and writer. Included is a pedigree chart showing surnames of Roberts, Thoms, Jones, and Williams. Article covers years 1812-1958, found in Journal Hel Achau, #18, Spring 1986, pages 7-8, Family History Library Ref. 942.93 D25h
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 00:19.
- This page has been accessed 5,499 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More