Mono County, CaliforniaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:12, 22 March 2012 by Cgmills
The Benton Paiute Indian Reservation is located in this county.
- Douglas County, Nevada
- Esmeralda County, Nevada
- Lyon County, Nevada
- Mineral County, Nevada
Church History and Records
Crime and Criminals
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- California Trail 1844 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- Carson (River) Trail 1848 (aka Mormon Emigrant Trail) crossed the Forty Mile Desert past the west side of the Carson Sink to pick up the Carson River near Fallon, Nevada up to Hope Valley and Red Lake. The Devil's Ladder then climbed 700 feet (210 m) in half a mile so ropes, chains, and pulleys were required to lift the wagons. Carson Pass was followed by the relatively easy West Pass (Kirkwood, California) and then on to Pollock Pines, Placerville, and Sutter's Fort, California
Military Records and Records
Naturalization and Citizenship
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Mono County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "California Trail" (map) in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/upload/CALImap1-web.pdf (accessed 5 August 2011).
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "California Trail" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Trail (accessed 5 August 2012).
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here