Monongahela Pennsylvania Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 136 Sacred Heart Drive, Monongahela, Pennsylvania, USA
- After entering parking lot, come to door closest to first handicapped spaces. RIng doorbell,
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours:Tues. 9:30 - Noon, Wed, 9:30 - Noon, 6:30 - 8:30 P.M. Sunday - during Sunday School as previously arranged. Other hours by appointment
Holiday Schedule: Closed on New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
Please send mail to:
Bonnie Kerry, Director
1023 Lincoln Street
Monongahela, Pennsylvania 15063
For appointment and to schedule rsearch assistance contact one of following:
Bonnie Kerry - 724-292-9198
Kay Mosser - 724-226-8485
Mary Lou Scott - 724- 938-8711
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- How to books. Maps of local interest.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Four computers, Printer/scanner/ copy machine.
Staff Research Specialties
Local, county, and state rsearch experience.
Very familiar with southwestern Pennsylvania research.
Consultants are experienced genealogists with a broad knowledge of local and regional resources.
Resources in the Local Area
Monongahela Area Public Library can order Family History Library Catalog films. Has local newspapers from 1850's on microfilm. Small but useful local history collection. Bebout and Yohe Funeral Home records.
813 West Main Street, Monongahela, PA 15063. 724-258 5440.
Monesson Public Library can order Family History Catalog films. Has local newspapers on microfilm. Large Westmoreland County collection.
326 Donner Avenue, Monesson, Pennsylvania 15062. 724-684-4750.
John K. Tener LIbrary has family history resources.
638 Fallowfield Avenue, Charleroi, Pennsylvania 15022, 724-483-4983.
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)