Monroe County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Monroe County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||June 29, 1815|
1833--A courthouse fire destroyed all records.
- see obituary abstracts from the African-American newspaper, The Eagle, in the Newspaper section below
For tips on accessing Monroe County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
- Obituaries & Death Notices published in The Eagle, 1891-1914 - an African-American newspaper of the county. Provided via Afrigeneas.com
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- Monroe County, ALGenWeb - free genealogical resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Monroe County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More