Monroe County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Monroe County Courthouse
PO Box 189
Forsyth, GA 31029-0189
Probate Court has marriage, probate records from 1824,
birth records from 1927 and death records from 1940;
Clerk Superior Court has court and land records from
1821 and divorce records
1821--Monroe County was created 15 May 1827 from Creek Indian Lands. County seat: Forsyth 
Places / Localities
Marriages 1824-1850 Georgia Pioneers ($)
Marriages from newspapers 1885-1886 Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Wills 1824-1847 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Wills 1824-1847 (digital images). See names of testators. Georgia Pioneers
- Wills 1848-1875 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Wills, 1868-1878 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Wills, 1876-1927 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Index to Annual Returns 1823-1858 Georgia Pioneers ($)
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Monroe County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers ($)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Monroe County, Georgia. Page 158 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News