Montana CemeteriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Cemetery records, such as tombstone and sexton’s records, have value in that they may give birth and death dates, age at death, name of spouse and children, a maiden name or, occasionally, a birthplace. Tombstones may have symbols or insignias indicating military service and social or religious affiliations. It is important to look at surrounding tombstones because family members may also be buried nearby.
The following websites have Montana cemetery records online:
Print and Microfilm Abstracts
Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Collection
- The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) have tombstone inscriptions from Montana cemeteries. This collection is located at the DAR Library in Washington, D.C., which also includes transcripts of Bible records, cemetery records, church records, family records, marriages, deaths, obituaries, and wills.
Family History Library Collection
- Cemetery Records of Montanta. 3 vols. Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1947-61. FHL book 978.6 V22c; FHL film 873694 items 4-6, FHL fiche 6051445.
- Contents include: v. 1. (1947) Granite County: Drummond, Valley Cemetery; Lake County: Arlee, Ronan, St. Ignatius; Missoula County: Missoula; Sanders County: Dixon -- v. 2. (1959) Deer Lodge County: Anaconda, Lower Hill and New Hill Cemeteries, Warm Springs; Gallatin County: Willow Creek, Williams Family Cemetery; Silver Bow County: Butte, Mount Moriah and Mountain View Cemeteries, Sunset Memorial Gardens -- v. 3. (1961) Gallatin County: Willow Creek; Silver Bow County: Butte, Mount Moriah and Mountain View Cemeteries.
- Lewiston Genealogy Society. Montana Cemetery Records. Salt Lake City, Utah: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1982. FHL film 1035938 item 2.
- Inscriptions from ten central Montana cemeteries have been copied by the Lewistown Genealogical Society
- Ren, Susan Slater. All Should Be Remembered: Dedicated to Graves Where Ever They May Be. 5 vols. Ennis, Montana: S.S. Ren, c2005-2012. FHL book 978.6 V3r; FHL fiche 6206746.