Montana Probate RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Probate courts existed in the counties from 1864 to 1889. Their records and jurisdiction were then transferred to the district courts. Montana probate records include administrators' books, probate proceedings, registers, files, wills, bonds, and exhibits. The Family History Library does not have copies of Montana probate records. They are available at the various county courthouses.
Wiki articles describing online FamilySearch collections are found at:
- Montana, Cascade County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Montana, Flathead County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Montana, Lake County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Montana, Rosebud County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Montana Research Outline. Salt Lake City, Utah: Intellectual Reserve, Inc., Family History Department, 1998, 2001. (NOTE: All of the information from the original research outline has been imported into this Wiki site and is being updated as time permits.)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More