Morgan County, Kentucky GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kentucky-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Morgan County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||December 7, 1822|
|County Seat||West Liberty|
1862, 1925--Disasters destroyed most records.
|Blairs Mills||Gordon Ford||Mize||Smith Creek|
|Blaze||Grassy Creek||Moon||Stacy Fork|
|Caney||Head of Stacy Fork||Neal Valley||Tarklin|
|Cannel City||Hickory Grove||Nickell||Twentysix|
|Caskey Fork (hist.)||Holliday||Oak Hill||Upper Sandlick|
|Caskey Settlement||Index||Ophir||Upper White Oak Creek|
|Cindas Creek||Jeptha||Panama||Vance Fork|
|Coffee Creek||Jones Creek||Pekin||West Liberty|
|Cottle||Kellacey||Perry Bend||Wheel Rim|
|Ditney School (hist.)||Licking River||Rexville||Wrigley|
|Ebon||Lost Creek||Right Fork||Yocum|
|Elamton||Lower Sandlick||Road Fork||Zag|
African American Research
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- The KY African American Griots Project ~ The Kentucky African American Griots Project
- Sandi Gorin's Tips ~ Hangings in Kentucky 1792 - 1900
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Biographies, Family Histories/Trees, GEDCOM files, etc.
- Sorted by Surname, Morgan County, Kentucky
- KY Biographies ~ Jeff Murphy's Kentucky Biographies Project
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Morgan Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The KY Historical Society’s Cemetery Database
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Cemetery Junction ~ Links to cemetery transcriptions
- Naming the Forgotten ~ Naming the Forgotten - The Eastern State Hospital Project
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness Local volunteers may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Morgan County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Morgan County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Morgan County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- Access Genealogy, Morgan County Kentucky Cemetery Records
- Linkpendium, Morgan County Kentucky
- Morgan County Cemetery Inscriptions
- Morgan County Cemetery Records
- The Tombstone Transcription Project, Morgan County Kentucky
- Morgan County Census Records
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Kentucky Census Transcriptions 1850 - 1930
- The USGenWeb Census Images ~ The USGenWeb Census Images Project
- Kentucky Census Transcriptions ~ The USGenWeb Census Project
- Census Online ~ Census Online
- Church Records
- Kentucky Christian Church Directory ~ ChurchAngel
- Catholic Parishes in the Diocese of Lexington
- Catholic Parishes in the Archdiocese of Louisville
- Kentucky Court of Justice, Morgan County Office of the Circuit Court Clerk
- Morgan County Court Records
Morgan County Court and Tax Records
- Abstracts of Early KY Court Cases Abstracts of Early Supreme Court Cases ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
- Kentucky Court of Justice Research & Reference
- Morgan County, Kentucky Map
- KYGenWeb compiled list of maps
- Click on the county to go to the KYGenWeb site
- Military Resources ~ Revolutionary War through Civil War
- Korean War Memorial Korean War Memorial for Soliders from KY ~ KYGenWeb
- Fallen Soldiers in WWI from KY ~ Fallen Soldiers in WWI from Kentucky
- http://www.archive.org/stream/listpensionerso02buregoog#page/n474/mode/1up List of Revelutionary Pensioners]
Morgan County Genealogy Trails
Morgan County Kentucky World War II Casualities, Army and Air Corps
- Kentucky Postcards ~ The USGenWeb Archives Penny Postcard Project
- The KYGenWeb Footsteps ~ The Kentucky Footsteps Archives ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
- Kentucky News - Kentucky Newspaper Index with links
- Another Kentucky Newspaper Index with links
- Kentucky Newspapers on Microfilm - Kentucky Newspapers Available On Microfilm
- Licking Valley Courier
P. O. Box 187
West Liberty, KY 41472
- Morgan County Obituaries
- KY Footsteps Archives ~ KY Footsteps List Archives - thousands of obituaries here ~ KYGenWeb Project
- KY Obituary Sources ~ Kentucky Obituary Sources ~ Compiled by the KYGenWeb Project
- Links to research and locate obituaries
- Browning Genealogy Database ~ The Browning Genealogy Database - A Collection of Obituaries Compiled by Charles Browning.
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Kentucky Obituary Project
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Kentucky Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Nashville Advocate ~ Death Abstracts from the Nashville Christian Advocate
- Herald & Stewart & Halsey Funeral
- Potter Funeral Home Inc.
- Kentucky Marriage Project, Morgan County
**Marriage Records of Morgan County, Kentucky 1821-1882
- Morgan County Genealogy Trails 1870 Mortality Schedule
- Morgan County Deaths
- Morgan County Marriages
Morgan County Vital Records
- USGenWeb Archives Project, Morgan County, Kentucky Marriage Index
- The Kentucky Vital Records Project Transcriptions of and Images of KY Death Certificates - A Work in Progress ~ The KY Vital Records Project
- KY Births & Christenings ~ Kentucky Births and Christenings, 1839-1960 Family Search
- KY Deaths & Burials ~ KY Deaths & Burials 1843 - 1970
- KY Marriage Records ~ KY Marriages 1783 - 1979 ~ Family Search
- Searchable KY Vital Records ~ Searchable databases of KY Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Kentucky Marriage Records 1973 - 2000 ~ Kentucky Marriage Records - 1973 - 2000
- KY Divorces 1973 - 1993 ~ Kentucky Divorce Records 1973 - 1993 ~ University of Kentucky Vital Records Databases
- The Social Security Death Index The Social Security Death Index - Searchable
Societies and Libraries
- Links and addresses to Kentucky genealogical and historical societies
- Morgan County Historical Society
P.O. Box 900; Route 1
West Liberty KY 41472
- Morgan County, Kentucky Genealogy [USGenWeb-KyGenWeb Site]
- KYGenWeb project. Has maps, name indexes, history or other information for each county. Select the county.
- State of Kencucky Website
- USGenWeb Kentucky Archives ~ Kentucky in the USGenWeb Archives ~ Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- The USGenWeb project May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Morgan Co., Kentucky Genealogy Forum
- Morgan County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News