Mormon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The beliefs of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints about family history research and temples are explained in:
- "Chapter 1: The Purpose of Temple and Family History Work," in Member’s Guide to Temple and Family History Work, (2009).
Many resources are available to help members learn about their family tree, and fulfill their family history and temple responsibilities, including:
- Local Ward family history consultants, neighbors who can introduce you to the basics of getting started on research, and temple names preparation.
- Family History Centers are branches of the Family History Library with access to selected family history research resources and more experienced genealogists.
- New FamilySearch, a free Internet family tree program that can be used to help research and record information about ancestors in the comfort of your own home. It is also the main tool used to help submit ancestors' names for temple ordinances.
- Online lessons about getting started, family history research, and how to use New FamilySearch to submit family names for temple ordinances.
- FamilySearch Research Wiki, an Internet encyclopedia of how-to research ancestors, and genealogical reference information from around the world.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More