Morocco GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
(Add introductory text and/or an image here)
Getting started with Morocco research
Morocco is in many ways a country apart. It nestles on the northwestern tip of Africa, separated from the rest of the continent by the towering Atlas Mountains and by the Sahara itself. Its climate, geography, and history are all more closely related to the Mediterranean than to the rest of Africa, and for this reason visitors are often struck by the odd sensation of having not quite reached Africa in Morocco. Read more...
(Your text or images here)
- Looking 4 Kin Genealogy & Family History Network - Morocco
- Morocco Country Genealogy and Regional Sources
- Morocco Genealogy Queries
- Morocco Genealogy Forum
- Barbary Wars
- Western Sahara
- (helpful tools and resources, gazetteers)
- (language dictionary, handwriting guide or tutorial, etc.)
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Who of the family still lives in the Mid East?
- Whom do I know that still reads and writes Arabic?
- What family members are living in the US?
- You want to go to the website below with the US-Phone listings entering your surname
- http://switchboard.intelius.com http://switchboard.intelius.com]
- There are ways to find the addresses of family members
- What do I want/not want to express in a letter to family members that I am not close to anymore?
- INTERNATIONAL GENALOGICAL INDEX (IGI)
Please, don’t underestimate the IGI
Go to www.familysearch.org
Click on ‘Search’ -Click on ‘Search For Ancestors’
Type in only the Arabic surname
Click on ‘Exact Spelling’ and ‘Enter’
Check how many of those names listed are part of your ancestry Should you find one or more of those listed might be of your own family glean and add the information to your data/records.
Did you know?
(Your text or images here, or use the table below:)