Morrow County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Morrow County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||March 1, 1848|
|County Seat||Mount Gilead|
|Address|| Morrow County Courthouse|
48 E. High St.
Mount Gilead, Ohio 43338-1458
Morrow County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Delaware, Knox, Marion, and Richland Counties 24 February 1848.
- County Seat: Mount Gilead
- Neighboring Counties: Morrow County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Crawford (north) · Delaware (south) · Marion (west) · Knox (east) · Richland (northeast)
See an interactive map of Morrow County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
LDS Cemetery Records
Vol. 21 page 24 - unidentified cemetery
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
History of Morrow County and Ohio : containing a brief history of the state of Ohio, from its earliest settlement to the present time, embracing its topography, geological, physical and climatic features; its agricultural, stock-growing, railroad interests, etc.; a history of Morrow County, giving an account of its aboriginal inhabitants, early settlement by the whites, pioneer incidents, its growth, its improvements, organization of the county, its judicial and political history, its business and industries, churchs, schools, etc.; biographical sketches; portraits of some of the early settlers and prominent men, etc., etc.
Land and Property
- Civil War service men from Morrow County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Morrow County.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Morrow County Courthouse
48 East High Street
Mount Gilead, Ohio 43338
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch beta. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- The Morrow County OH GenWeb Project, a member of The OHGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
The Townships that came from Delaware County are: Westfield, Lincoln, Harmony, Peru and Bennington.
The Townships that came from Knox County are: Franklin, Chester and South Bloomfield.
The Townships that came from Marion County are: Canaan, Cardington, Gilead (some of what is now Gilead was in Knox County) and Washington. Morven Township lands, Marion County, were ceded to Morrow County, but did not continue to exist by that name.
The Townships that came from Richland County are: North Bloomfield, Troy, Congress and Perry.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Morrow County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrow_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).