Morton County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Morton County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Morton County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 18, 1886|
|Address|| Morton County Courthouse|
1025 Morton Street
Elkhart, Kansas 67950-1116
Morton County Courthouse
1025 Morton Street; PO Box 1116
Elkhart, KS 67950-1116
Created as Kansas County 1873. Reorganized as Morton County 18 Feb 1886.
County Clerk has marriage records from 1887,
divorce and court records from 1900 and land records from 1887. 
- 1886--Morton County was created 18 February 1886 from Kansas (Old) County. County seat:Elkhart
- Morton County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Morton County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Morton County, Kansas page 254, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News