Morton County, North Dakota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Morton County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Morton County, North Dakota|
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 8, 1873|
|Address|| Morton County Courthouse|
210 2nd Ave NW
Mandan, ND 58554
Morton County Website
Clerk District Court has birth records. Court has birth records from 1883,
marriage records from 1888, death records from 1873, burial records from 1943,
divorce and probate records from 1900’s and court records from late 1800’s;
Register of Deeds has land records from late 1800’s
1873--Morton County was created 8 January 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Mandan 
Cemetery transcriptions for cemeteries in Morton County, providing name, date of birth, and date of death where available.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Morton County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Morton County, North Dakota. Page 525 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).