Mountrail County, North Dakota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Mountrail County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Mountrail County, North Dakota|
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 4, 1873|
|Address|| Mountrail County Courthouse|
PO Box 69
Stanley, ND 58784-0069
Mountrail County Website
Clerk District Court has birth, marriage, death, divorce, probate, court
and naturalization records from 1909, military discharge records from 1919
and incomplte burial records; Register of Deeds has land records
1873--Mountrail County was created 4 January 1873 from Buffalo (Old) County. The county was annexed to Ward County in 1891 and eliminated 30 November 1892. The county was then recreated 29 January 1909. County seat: Stanley 
- Moslem Cemetery, Ross BillionGraves
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Mountrail County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mountrail County, North Dakota. Page 525 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).