Murray Utah West Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Please come and visit the Murray Utah West Family History Center where the staff is happy to assist you with all of your family history needs.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 5750 South Nena Way, Murray, Utah 84107-6115
- 1 801-264-4152
- Barbara Baker - 1 801-266-0882
FHC Open Hours:
- FHC Language: English
- Sunday: 4:30 - 6:30 PM.
- Tue: 6:30 - 8:30 PM.
- Wed: 1:00 - 4:00 PM.
- Thur: 6:30 - 8:30 PM.
- Sat: 1:00 - 4:00 PM.
- The center is closed from mid-December through New Year's Day.
Calendar and Events
Stake Family History Fair
- Saturday May 17, 2014
- 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Check-in 8-8:30 am
- Opening session 8:30-9:15 am
- Classes 9:30-11:45 am & 1:00-4:30 -- Five class hours, five classes per hour -- Twenty-five to choose from
- Classes will include:
- Morning classes just for Priesthood leaders
- A series of five classes all about the new FamilySearch Family Tree
- RootsTech Review -- five video presentations given at RootsTech in February
- "EFY" -- a series of five classes and activities especially for youth ages 11-18 (if possible, bring a laptop or tablet with WiFi Internet access)
There will be a lunch break, 11:45-1:00. You are welcome to go out to lunch or bring a sack lunch. Tables and chairs will be set up in the Cultural Hall and bottled water will be provided.
Watch for details of class topics to follow.
To register for the Fair, click here
A four-part series of classes on the FamilySearch.org website, the Family Tree, and adding photos and stories will be held on Wednesday evenings and repeated on Saturday afternoons in September 2013, beginning on the 4th. As space is limited, please call Barbara Baker at 801-266-0882 to pre-register.
Staff Training Meetings
Staff training is held at the center every third Sunday at 7 pm.
- Family History Library Catalog:
- Due to its close proximity to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, the center is computer-only and does not provide the means to order or read microfilm or fiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has six computers and a printer for black and white copies only. There is no charge for prints but we ask that you limit yourself to six pages per visit.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Volunteer at the Center
We will appreciate the help of anyone who would like to volunteer at our center. Please call Barbara Baker at 801-266-0882.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News