Muskogee County, Oklahoma GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Muskogee County Courthouse
400 W Broadway Street
Muskogee, OK 74401
Clerk Court has marriage record from 1890, divorce,
probate and court records from 1907; County Clerk
1898--Muskogee County was created in 1898 from Creek Lands.
County seat: Muskogee 
- Fort Gibson National Cemetery, Fort Gibson BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Muskogee County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Muskogee County
Map showing Civil war battles in Oklahoma
Societies and Libraries
- Muskogee Public Library
801 W. Okmulgee
Muskogee, Oklahoma 74401
Telephone: (918) 682-6657
Their collections include local histories, biographies, newspapers, and an online Muskogee Marriage Index.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Muskogee County, Oklahoma. Page 561 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 7 August 2012)
|This Oklahoma-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More