Netherlands, Friesland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Note to Patrons: Many of the records in the Civil Registrations have files connected to the wrong records. This link: Wegwijzer in de wondere wereld van FamilySearch also known as Genver, contains a list of all the problems that have been reported thus far and the correct location of the desired records. This site is being updated as needed. The information is in Dutch.
Question #1: Why do some record sets include records of a type other than that described in the set title; i.e., births, deaths, marriages, and divorces may be mixed together?
Answer #1: The original records are of mixed type. Birth, marriage and death records are in one book, and in some cases, more than one record type is found on the same page. Not much can be done to resolve that, so the collection was organized with three sets of the same images in numerical order. One set for births, one for deaths and one for marriages. The resulting combination of record sets usually appear alphabetically by type, e.g., Geboorten records appear first, followed by Huwelijken, Overlijden, etc.
Question #2: The following records are missing. Are they available?
Answer #2: See answers below. If records are available on film; see Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions.
- Tietjerksteradeel Huwelijksbijlagen 1826-1842 can be found on microfilm from the two different filmings listed below1826-1842--Film #1963504 Items 1-6.
- 1826-1842--Films #108415-#108422 (initial filming).
Question #3: The names, dates, or events are incorrectly labeled; they don't match the actual image. What information is correct?
Answer #3: See answers below.
- Leeuwarden: Huwelijksbijlagen 1890 is really Huwelijken 1890 starting with Act 208, Nov. 22, 1890 and goes to the end of 1890. Huwelijken 1889-1890 ends with Act 207, Nov. 22, 1890.
- Leeuwarden: starting with 1811 and ending with 1843 all files labeled Huwelijksbilagen are not marriage supplements but are duplicate Huwelijken (marriage) entries.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Netherlands, Civil Registration, 14792-1952 > Friesland > Dokkum > Geboorten 1821-1828 > Image 326 of 522.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Netherlands, Friesland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Netherlands, Friesland Province, Civil Registration, 1811-1950 collection at FamilySearch.org.